Just finished my sociology prelims. Well, most of the people left by the first hour. even eileen left by 11.45. I managed to stay till 12. honestly, i am very unprepared for socio despite it being my favourite module, and i even chose to take it though i had a choice to not take it. I only prepared section A. Was planning to give up on section B and C. When i decided to read up on section B this morning on the train. I can't believe i could write 3 pages just merely based on what i read on the train. Verbal diarrhea. But 3 pages and so what? Doesn't mean that it has any substantial points. Also, i cant believe i included bridget jones into section B as i described about the change in culture through globalisation. Like, how women see it as appropriate to stay single after 30 because of movies/books like bridget jones. I feel okay la. I gave it my best. for section C, if i can 3 marks out of 25, it would be a miracle since i merely wrote what i knew though irrelevant to question. I need to work harder from now. The false impression that prelims give is that, when its over, i think that, hell's over. But i am most wrong. It has just begun. :( and judging from my progress, i'll need to work much harder if i wanna do well. Gahhh. I really hated the uneasy feeling of not knowing my stuff when entering the examination hall.
Well, anyway, this week's gonna be a busy one since my parents are rlly busy in their shop. I have ta help out and i rlly need to incorporate studies this week also. Especially for socio and pbf. For MA, i need to finish up the hols package. For ME, i need to do all the tutorial qns. Loong looong month ahead. Anyway, since i have to work later, i am actually skiving now. I ended my prelims at 12 when im supposed to finish at 1. have been sitting at a corner in the library where i blast my favourite songs while doing nothing. also, managed to find the travel guide for paris. Ohgosh, i would love to visit the 'city of lights'. Sigh. It was a 'great getaway' while it lasted.
The sneakers theory:
Anyway, i wore sneakers today. Haha. i havent wore sneakers in a while. I used to be a 'sneakers' person in sec school and early poly years until the convenience of slipping into flip flops seems like a breeze compared to tying shoe lace. And also, slippers makes your toes feel free. if not, would be wearing pumps/heels which looked more glamourous in the department of covered shoes compared to sneakers. Boy, do i miss wearing socks and a good pair of converse sneakers.
Actually, sneakers gives me a sense of security. It makes me feel.. Self sufficient. Perhaps, its due to the masculinity behind sneakers that makes me feel safe. it makes me feel that i'm okay on my own and i don't need a guy. Whereas when im wearing heels/pumps/girly shoes, i'd feel like a girl. Sometimes bimbotic. Then i feel the need to be protected and have a guy to look out for me. furthermore, sneakers double up as sport shoes. I feel like im able to run in them, do whatever i want because the shoelaces are tigtened up and i know these shoes wont fall off if i decided to jump off a cliff now. I can run in these. I dont have to worry about getting my toes dirty. I can do almost anything in these. Sneakers takes my mind off what im wearing on my feet, so i can focus on other things in life. Thats the psychological aspect of wearing them. Hahaha.
Hahah. I shall wear them more often. Afterall, this might be one of the last few years i can wear sneakers. I mean, imagine me working in the working world.. Would i wanna wear sneakers on the weekends? Ahhaha! sneakers shirley, like the old shirley, has disappeared for a while. I hope she's on the comeback.
Sigh. Im tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment